Thursday, November 12, 2009

Here's a Tasty Little Poll for You...

Well, right now, I'm working on The Shadow Dragons by James A. Owen, Book 4 in the spellbinding Imaginarium Geographica series. After that... who knows? I'll give out a little secret: it's you.

I'd like some guidance on which unfinished series I should start next. Here are my options:

The Night Angel Troligy by Brent Weeks. More specifically, Book 2: Shadow's Edge. I read and absolutely loved the first book of Weeks's trilogy (published in monthly installments), The Way of Shadows. It continues the life story of infamous assassin Kylar Stern. I would not have any trouble convincing myself to read this one.

The Jimmy Fincher Saga by James Dashner. More specifically, Book 2: A Gift of Ice. It's been all of a few weeks (no pun from earlier intended) since I've read The Maze Runner, and I absolutely love Dashner's writing. Also, this would be a nice quick read, since the book's only about 200 pages long.

The First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie. More specifically, Book 2 (I sense a trend here): Before They Are Hanged. While I'd bet good money that Abercrombie's characters are an unpleasant group to be around in person, they are a delight to read about. Surely a stranger group could not be found to embark upon a quest to save the world.

The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan (and recently coauthored by Brandon Sanderson). More specifically, Book 4 (Ha! I broke the trend!): The Shadow Rising. Rand, the mythical Dragon Reborn, and Co. do it again, scrambling desperately to fulfill prophecies and overthrow the Dark One. Don't expect it to happen for a while; there are going to be ten volumes following this. But the journey should prove to be enjoyable. A must for all readers of fantasy.

Let me get this straight first: I'm going to read all these books someday. It just may not be right now. And I can be easily convinced to read any of the books mentioned above. Please vote and leave a comment.

And...that's all! Have a pleasant day.

Until we meet again,

The Writer

7 comments:

Krista said...

My votes for Joe AB just finished the first book myself a couple months ago and loved it :)

logankstewart said...

Before They Are Hanged no doubt about it. I'm finishing the series tonight and can assure you that it is phenomenal. Absolutely fantastic.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Okay, I am not sure what to tell you. I am interested in a few of these.

I have read the first book by Abercrombie and loved it. I have books 2 & 3 on my shelves but have not been able to get to them. I am hoping to get there someday as well. I would like to see what you have to say on this one.

Then there is The Jimmy Fletcher saga. I am curious as to where this goes too. Unfortunately, my son has not got to the first book yet. He is in the middle of another book and with school work, well I don't force the reading thing so much ~ I like him to get some activity as well.

I am curious on Weeks books. I have the first on as well on my shelf to read, another I have not got to. I got to get reading. lol.

Bottom line.... Maybe I will agree with Krista, Abrocrombie. This one is closer to the top of the reading stack so I am curious on your thoughts.

Joe Abercrombie said...

Got to go with the Abercrombie there.

That guy just gets better and BETTER.

The Writer said...

Welcome, Mr. Abercrombie! I'm a little intimidated by your unexpected prescence. I think I'm going to have to go with your recommendation, as I believe you're the leading authority on Joe Abercrombie.

Thanks for stopping by!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

That is AWESOME to see Mr Abercrombie stopped by. Isn't that a wonderful feeling when you see an author popping in to say hello. I love when this is happening. Almost like meeting them at the bookstore or something. Congrats!

Look forward to your review on the book!!

I am hoping to get through these books here next year with Krista (we like to read and discuss them) then get to Best Served Cold.

The Writer said...

The poll is now closed; it's Before They Are Hanged!

THIS IS THE INEVITABLE NOTE FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.