Sunday, March 22, 2009

"Storm Front" review

The Dresden Files have been around for close to a decade without my noticing them or their author, Jim Butcher. The books have become big bestsellers and even temporarily had their own television show. In fact, I bought the first in the series, Storm Front, shortly after watching a few episodes of the all-too-quickly-cancelled show. It was a pretty good show. These are pretty good books, and I wish I'd actually read them sooner.

Really, that's all I have to say. They chronicle the adventures of P.I.-type Harry Dresden, the only openly practiced wizard in Chicago. And they're a LOT of fun. Give them a try. Please. You won't regret it.


My rating: 8.5/10

1 comment:

logankstewart said...

Yet another series I've heard quite positive reviews for. I shall check these out some day, perchance.

THIS IS THE INEVITABLE NOTE FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.