Friday, December 19, 2008

And Don't Forget...

I'll be posting the 2008 2nd Annual Writer's Notebook "Best Books of the Year" post early January 2009!

This was a great year for books, and there were some great award opportunities I saw when reading. I'll be reading a couple more books before 2008 ends for my own consideration. We've had everything from PENDRAGON's penultimate volume, to Artemis Fowl's final adventure, to high-profile books like Brisingr anf The Tales of Beedle the Bard (yes, I've read it). There will be categories as follows:

Best Debut (this includes if I'm reading the first book I've read from the author, and it was published in at least one edition this year)

Best Title

Best Series Starter

Best Sequel

Best Fantasy World

Best Whimsy (yes, I know)

Best Christian Fiction

Best Movie Adaptation

Best Fight Scene

Best Penultimate Novel

Best Finale

Best "To be Continued..." Moment

Book I'm Looking Forward to Most Next Year

Author of the Year

Book of the Year

Don't forget! Watch the skies... or something like that.

No comments:

THIS IS THE INEVITABLE NOTE FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.